Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Emerald Restaurant, Pullman WA

I always recommend The Emerald Restaurant when people ask me where is a good place to eat in Pullman. The food is Chinese (more American Chinese than really Chinese) and really good. They always have a lunch menu that is affordable is filling.
The staff doesn't always speak the best English but if you are kind and patient they will get you what you want. We've been customers at the Emerald all of my son's life and a bit longer (my son is 14). My son thinks it the home away from home.
If I had to recommend anything, I would say the Lemon or the Sesame Chicken - they are both a sticky sweet breaded chicken but the lemon is sweet tart.
They have the best Hot and Sour soup and will leave out the soy sauce if you need it gluten free. They are very good about catering to allergies if you make it clear what you can't have.
Oh - I do love their fried tofu which tastes like it's breaded but it's not.
The only complaint I would have, which is a problem all over Pullman, is the parking is terrible. We sometimes park behind the carwash during busy time. You can always park across the street as well but walking across that street can be tough with heavy traffic.
The restaurant is on North Grand across from Dissmores.

No comments: