Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cougar Country

I haven't gotten out my camera to take pictures of the restaurants but I promise when the weather improves I will.
Cougar Country is a local favorite in Pullman. It's a basic drive-in type hamburger joint that's just missing the waitresses in rollerskates. There is a small dining room but I have never been unable to get a table. The burgers are pretty typical and can vary from day to day but the real treat is the french fries and the ice cream. Cougar Country has the best fries in all of Pullman (I pass on the fry sauce and beg for the barbeque sauce which is awesome).
The ice cream is not unlike Dairy Queen except all the treats are made there in the store. You can get a Dandy Bar - vanilla ice cream frozen into a puck and dipped in a candy coating. You have your choice of Cherry, Chocolate and Butterscotch. They even have a Jim Dandy which has peanuts (and possibly other goodies - I haven't had one in awhile).
They make great milkshakes. It's a toss up between Cougar Country and Ferdinand's for the best milkshake but they are quite different. Cougar Country is the only place that makes Irish Cream milkshakes all year round.
They are not the cheapest place to eat but you will always leave full.

No comments: