Friday, July 29, 2011

Brused Books


Brused Books is one of those stores that has been around that it not only has a dear place in my heart now but walking the crowded aisles reminds me of my teen years. It's quickly become my son's favorite place as well.

I believe everyone needs a good used book store. There are things you can find there that you can't find anywhere else. I have to say that most of the time when I go there looking for something specific, I find it. Usually for a fair price.

We often bring in books to exchange for store credit (or the ocassional dollar). It's fun seeing our old books on the shelves and finding new ones to take home. Last night my son brought in a bag of books with the idea he was going to get cash but before we left he had found several books he wanted to buy. He's going to think it over since his books will be priced this morning. He's a big cartoon fan (Gary Larsen, Calvin and Hobbes) but also a huge Beatles fan and at the counter was a beautiful copy of Beatles Diary.
I think he'll be filling his newly emptied shelf on the bookcase.

The other thing about Brused Books that's fun is the Fair Trade or Just Trade area. These shelves are filled with chocolates and crafts from around the world. They are so fun and the chocolate is the best you will ever eat (I'll say that about other chocolates and it will always be true).


Brused Books is on Main Street between Grand and Kamiaken. They have a small parking lot of Paradise with a back entrance. They are open Monday through Friday 11-6, Saturdays 10-6 and Sundays 12-5.

No comments: