Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Robinson Park - Moscow ID

I feel in love with this park the first time I went out there and each time I go I find something else to love about it. To get to the park is a little tricky since there have been some minor changes to the road over the years and it's windy and forks often. The park is on Robinson Park Road on the far eastern side of Moscow (head towards Troy and turn behind Eastside Marketplace). There is a little brown sign that says Robinson Park with an arrow going to the right. After turning on that road you end up in a round about a block later. Go around the round about and find the sign indicating Robinson Park road. This is where it gets really tricky and I can't remember exactly but I think you don't make any turns until you get to the park which should be on your right.
As you pull into the park area you have a choice to go right or left. To the right is a picnic area with a small playground between the river (it's a small river but this time of year it's pretty high) and the "mountains". I'm not sure the hilly areas are really mountains but they are lower parts of the mountain range. The hilly area is covered in trees and trails and makes for some beautiful views when the rain doesn't make the trails dangerous.
The left side of the park is broken up by the winding river and wasn't an area I really investigated until this last weekend (it may have been cold and wet but I needed an outdoor outing). There is a small playground we didn't quite make it to but the area is doted with fire rings and grills which made us excited for future camping out there. They do have 5 spots for RV's and areas for tents (we never did really figure out where the tents go but that's part of the fun).
I highly recommend this area. I have never been out there when there were tons of people so I am not sure how used this park is. It seems like a great place for an overnight trip and is surrounded by wooded areas that just beg to be explored.
For more information go to the Latah County Park and Rec

No comments: