Thursday, April 28, 2011

Kids Bowl Free

I have mentioned this program before when I talked about Zeppoz. I highly recommend this. Kids Bowl Free gives each child registered 2 free games at their chosen bowling alley every day through the summer. When we first registered years ago, the shoes were an additional charge. I bought everyone bowling shoes at the beginning from Zeppoz. For three people the shoes were less than $100. To rent shoes is $1.25 per person per day. The math was in favor of owning shoes. Having our own shoes meant that there was no reason not to go bowl our two games every day (I said our - meaning adults too but I am getting to that). I didn't want there to be any reason not to go. Some days we drank water and was thankful to be out of the heat (that summer was hot and we moved into a new apartment on the 3rd floor so we spent a lot of time moving heavy things in the heat and then retreating to the bowling alley's air conditioning). Other times we indulged in fries and nachos. The food is a little pricey at Zeppoz but the "snacks" are rather filling. We'd all split one soda to make the cost go down.
For $24.95 you can add 4 adults to the "free" bowling. Twenty-five dollars for 3 1/2 months of bowling is a bargain that is too good to pass up. If you sign up and pay the fee before May 1st (I know it's a really short notice but I found out today) you get a $25 gift certificate to restaurants.com. For the Pullman area, that means a $25 gift certificate to your choice of Rico's, Fireside Grille or The Broiler. Rico's and The Broiler require you to spend $35 when using the certificate and Fireside requires a $45 purchase (still a bargain).
I got my certificate to Rico's because I didn't know they served food and it will be a fun outing for me and my husband (and no kids allowed).
I have my certificates all emailed to me so printing is required (I don't know if there are other options at all or if it's just the emailing part vs logging in). The great thing is that if I forget to print them out I can stop somewhere and print them out (like my Dad's house if he is going). We add my dad and my brother so we can treat them to some family fun too.
You won't regret this - bowling is a great activity and does get a body moving. Watch for high calorie snacks and this could be a really healthy experience.

No comments: