Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lawson Gardens, Pullman WA

I know I have mentioned Lawson Gardens before but I thought it deserved revisiting so that my readers can have a chance to see the gardens before they close for the season. The Pullman Parks Website says the park is open year round but I know they close off the road/parking lot when the weather turns icy and cold.
Lawson Gardens have become my favorite place to walk with my husband. It's the best of nature that the Palouse has to offer. Until recently, I hadn't taken the time to really explore the gardens because I love the gazebo and it's always been my destination to enjoy the park.
My husband and I have decided that we are going to walk on Wednesdays when our son is at scouts. Lawson Gardens was our first destination and quickly became our favorite. I can't say we get a lot of exercise since the paths are not all that long but they weave around beautiful vegetation and lovely views of newer houses in Pullman.
Getting there is not hard and it's never crowded. The park is located at 705 Derby Street across from Kruegal Park and next to the Scout House (just down the block from the Charlie Brown Water Tower on Spring Street).

No comments: