Monday, August 29, 2011

Cafe Moro, Pullman Washington


It comes to no surprise that Pullman is the home of many coffee shops. Seems to me that coffee is synonimous with Washington. We take our coffee drinks very seriously. We have those who prefer it just black and others who want it with milk, flavor, and so much other stuff that the coffee is barely detected. You, almost, can't spit without hitting a coffee shop. The shops are always in use and some days so full that you have no choice but to take your coffee to go.
I'll share more coffee shops with you over the next month but Cafe Moro holds a special place in my heart. It's a small independently owned cafe that has the most friendly staff (to be honest I don't think I've found a place with unfriendly staff but that's not the point).
What attracted me to Cafe Moro is the creativity in which they have created their signature drinks. The flavor combinations are fantastic. Our summer favorite has been the limeade with matcha (green tea). It's a funky smoothie type drink but it's got amazing flavor.
I will admit that Cafe Moro is a little pricey but not overly so. I usually spend $4 when I get a drink there (probably less than Starbucks now that I think about it.)
What I love best is it's artsy feel and cozy spaces. I hear they have concerts so I guess I may share this place once more when I finally attend one.
Check out their website.

No comments: